by Cory Guinn
WILSON, N.C. – For the fourth time this season, the Barton College women's tennis team was shutout, losing 9-0 to Conference Carolinas foe Limestone College on Tuesday afternoon.
Barton's No. 1 doubles duo of Smiljana Kljajic and Vanessa Sanoja was able to force a tiebreaker, but eventually fell 8-7 (9-7) to Limestone's No. 1 team of Marian Pinate and Hannah Hopkins. The Saints also earned victories at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles.
Limestone swept each match in singles play in straight sets to secure the road win.
Barton travels to Rocky Mount, N.C. for a match with N.C. Wesleyan on Thursday, March 17 at 3 p.m.
LIMESTONE 9, BARTON 0
1. Manon Janin (LIMEW) def. Smiljana Kljajic (BARTON) 6-0, 6-4
2. Alexandra Boulbin (LIMEW) def. Vanessa Sanoja (BARTON) 6-2, 7-5
3. Marian Pinate (LIMEW) def. Dana Kelly (BARTON) 6-0, 6-1
4. Hannah Hopkins (LIMEW) def. Whitney Hamilton (BARTON) 8-1
5. Gabriela Ooststroom (LIMEW) def. Casey Utley (BARTON) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ana Chirila (LIMEW) def. Rebecca Lamm (BARTON) 8-0
1. Marian Pinate/Hannah Hopkins (LIMEW) def. Smiljana Kljajic/Vanessa Sanoja (BARTON) 8-7 (9-7)
2. Alexandra Boulbin/Gabriela Ooststroom (LIMEW) def. Dana Kelly/Whitney Hamilton (BARTON) 8-2
3. Manon Janin/Kayla Meermans (LIMEW) def. Rebecca Lamm/Casey Utley (BARTON) 8-2
Limestone 2-4, 2-1 CC
Barton 1-12, 0-4 CC
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (5,3,1,2,4,6)